Worcester State University will host Catholic Mass on campus in March and April for students, alumni, and employees.
The Catholic services have recently been added as part of the university’s ongoing effort to support students of all faiths while at college. At the end of 2022, the university opened a new nondenominational Campus Ministry Prayer and Meditation Lounge in room 236 in the Learning Resource Center, where students can meditate and pray in private.
On March 26, Mass will be led by Father Derek Mobilio, an associate pastor at Our Lady of Hope Parish in Grafton who also serves as the men’s ice hockey chaplain at Assumption University. On April 30, Mass will be led by Rev. Donato Infante, the director of vocations for the Diocese of Worcester.
Among the other faith-based events for students will be a Passover dinner on April 7 and an Iftar on April 11 for students observing Ramadan.
Here are the religious services and other faith activities this spring on campus:
- Christian Fellowship Bible Study – Reoccurring on Thursdays for students, 6 p.m., Fallon Room
- March 26 – Catholic Mass, 7 p.m., Seven Hills Lounge, open to all
- April 7 – Falafel Friends Passover Dinner for students, 6 p.m., Sheehan Dining Hall Private Dining Room
- April 11 – Muslim Student Association Iftar for students, 7 p.m., Sheehan Hall Multipurpose Room
- April 20 – Muslim Student Association Earthquake Relief Fundraiser, 11 a.m. to 1 p.m., Student Center Ramp
- April 30 – Catholic Mass open to all, 7 p.m., Seven Hills Lounge
- May 9 – Baccalaureate Worship Service hosted by Campus Ambassadors, Salvation Youth Prayer and Christian Fellowship, 6 p.m., Blue Lounge
Artists invited to challenge the concept of sculptural elements in upcoming exhibition
Worcester State University’s Mary Cosgrove Dolphin Gallery has announced an open call for artists to submit entries for “Sculptural Elements,” a juried exhibition that is scheduled to open on . . .