In an effort to support students, alumni, and local community members prepare for success in a workplace impacted by COVID-19, the Center for Business and Industry (CBI) at Worcester State University is offering 10 in-demand, self-paced, workforce training courses for free, as long as students begin training by June 30.
These 10 free courses include a mix of hard and soft skills that apply to today’s rapidly changing job market and evolving workforce demands. WSU knows that having the right skills and knowing how to utilize them is vital for both job seekers and those currently employed.
Upon successful completion, students will receive a certificate for their professional portfolio.
The free, self-paced training courses include:
- Twelve Steps to a Successful Job Search: Gain confidence in your ability to acquire interviews and job offers, even in a tough, competitive economy.
- Managing Customer Service: Learn how to best anticipate and meet customer needs. This course will help you discover some dynamite methods to bring out your best and do the same for the other people you work with as you serve as an ambassador for your company.
- Fundamentals of Supervision and Management: Become a more effective manager by learning the language of business management. This course provides skills in managing time, delegating responsibility, motivating your employees, solving problems and resolving conflicts so you can accomplish your job more effectively.
- Personal Finance: Set clear financial goals, make the right investments, increase financial security, and be prepared to retire someday. This course will help you gain control over the financial impact of your choices with tools that are useful, realistic, and easy to work into your regular routine.
- Creating Web Pages: Learn the basics HTML so you can design, create, and post your very own website. This course will help you plan content, structure and layout of your website, create neatly formatted text, build links, and add color, graphics and tables, as well as understand no-cost web marketing strategies and SEO.
- Creating WordPress Websites: Create attractive, sophisticated blogs and websites without any coding. This course provides hands-on experience creating web pages and posts, adding images and videos, changing a site’s look and feel, and working with user-friendly features.
- Individual Excellence: Master 12 career-enhancing skills, including goal setting, time management, personal organization, creativity, financial matters, and conflict resolution. This course will help you achieve individual excellence by developing a fulfilling career plan and gaining the skills to improve all your interpersonal relationships.
- Small Business Marketing on a Shoestring: Discover how to use the same marketing tricks the big companies employ and create a personalized plan without clearing out your bank account. This course will help you master cost effective marketing strategies the provide results with hands-on activities and real-world examples.
- Keys to Effective Communication: Become more confident, make great first impressions, get along with others, and create better personal and professional relationships. This course provides a step by step process to become a great conversationalist as you use communication to build rapport and create trust, warmth, and respect.
- Marketing Your Business on the Internet: In this hands-on course, you’ll discover proven methods for establishing an Internet presence and building a brand identity. You’ll learn to incorporate SEO, advertising, email, social media, and more to develop an effective Internet marketing plan for your business even with little money to spend.
The Center for Business and Industry offers more than 1,150 online training courses that you can complete from your home or office, socially distant, safe, and on a schedule that best fits your busy life.
For more information about the Center for Business and Industry’s many online training offerings, including instructor-led and self-paced, visit the CBI website, email firstname.lastname@example.org, or call (508) 929-8787.
Next Story From Our News
Faculty and Staff Reimagine Traditional Commencement Season Rituals
In a more normal world, Assistant Professor of Psychology Nicole Rosa, Ph.D., would have spent Saturday, May 16, at the DCU Center along with her fellow faculty members and hundreds of others, applauding and celebrating the accomplishments of students at Worcester State’s Commencement ceremony. Instead, she dressed in her academic regalia and drove to the homes of 10 graduating seniors from her . . .