A wall display honoring all Distinguished Alumni Award (DAA) winners from the past 31 years will be unveiled on Friday, Sept. 27, at 5 p.m. on the first floor of the Shaughnessy Administration Building. All past DAA winners are invited to the unveiling.
In the same vein as the Athletics Hall of Fame wall in the Wellness Center, the Distinguished Alumni Award wall includes portraits of the 125 alumni who have received the highest non-degree recognition the University can bestow. The first DAA was given in 1988 and the program has expanded to the current five awards that are given every two years.
For more information: https://alumni.worcester.edu/s/140/index.aspx?sid=140&gid=1&pgid=1344
The 2019 DAA ceremony will take place immediately after the wall unveiling, with a reception beginning at 6 p.m., in the Wellness Center. This year’s award winners are:
- Michael Patrick Lyons, M.Ed. ’10, Outstanding Volunteer Service to the Community
- Frances Friedman ’69, Outstanding Achievement in the Field of Education,
- Nancy J. (Murdock) Hardy ’97, Distinguished Professional Achievement
- Amy L. (Wilfong) Peterson ’03, Outstanding Young Alumna
- Blair E. Deeney ’73, Outstanding Service to Alma Mater
Tickets to the DAA ceremony are $30 per person. To register, visit: https://alumni.worcester.edu/s/140/index.aspx?sid=140&gid=1&pgid=3698&cid=5943&ecid=5943&crid=0&calpgid=13&calcid=726
View by Topic