The university has launched a dynamic new digital version of Worcester State Magazine to expand the reach and readership of the university’s flagship publication to faculty, staff, students, more alumni, and the wider community. Check out the Spring 2023 issue: worcester.edu/magazine.
The new site includes content found in the print publication, plus additional photos, video, and sidebars, all easily shareable on social media. The magazine is published twice a year in the spring and fall by University Advancement and the Office of Communications and Marketing.
The spring issue features a variety of stories including:
- The Dream Chaser: Cover story on Derek Canton ‘15, founder and CEO of Paerpay and recently named to the Forbes 30 Under 30
- Alumni family finds sweet success one doughnut at a time: Feature about the alumni family that owns Rocco’s Doughnuts
- A Lifetime of Poetry: Feature about alumna Judith Hoyer who is sharing her love of poetry with the next generation of Worcester State students
- Educating Scientists: Story about the interdisciplinary biotechnology program, recognized as a best value in New England and a Top 10 best biotechnology degree in the U.S.. Plus a story on a $658,000 grant to upgrade science labs
- Cutting Edge Research: Feature on biotech alumna Samantha Durand MS ‘22, who created a beating cardiac organoid for her master’s thesis. Check out a video of the organoid too.
- Model of Biotech Talent: Feature on biotech alumnus Nic Esper ’20, who found opportunity and invaluable real-world training in Worcester’s thriving biotechnology ecosystem while he was still an undergrad
- Worcester State earns million dollar early college expansion grant: Story on how the university will extend programming to more low-income, first-generation, under-represented, and/or disadvantaged high school students in urban and rural areas of Central Massachusetts.
- Rethinking suspensions: Feature on academic discipline research in the school psychology department
- And more!
Worcester State Magazine online is integrated with the university’s new website, launched in fall 2022 for its 2.5 million annual visitors. The re-platforming and redesign of worcester.edu was led by ERI Design, a digital creative agency with headquarters in Worcester, and the university’s Office of Communications and Marketing. The new magazine was designed as part of the website project.
Catholic Mass joins university’s spring faith offerings
Worcester State University will host Catholic Mass on campus in March and April for students, alumni, and employees. The Catholic services have recently been added as part of the university’s . . .